NEW POSTS

ATTENTION: NEW POSTS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION AT WHITE COVER MAGAZINE (whitecovermag.blogspot.com). Enjoy.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

DAY 6: If you wannabe my lover, you gotta get with my friends...

















The Roethlisburger has finally come!

After 22 years of loving the Pittsburgh Steelers (since the day I plopped out), I have loved this team. I watched Neil McNevermind blow the Super Bowl to the Dallas Cowboys, only to be able to see them rally for two championships in four years under Big Ben's wrath.
Earlier in the day, in an ironic twist, we visited the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio - a must-see, although I rate it below Toronto's Hockey Fall of Fame (go Tim's).
This sandwich, though, I tell yea'... It's huge. I'm proud to say I'm still in the hot dog-beer competition (one of each at every stadium) after finishing this behemoth at Peppi's restaurant near Heinz Field.
For the record, it consists of:
-Scrambled eggs (because he scrambles)
-Ground beef
-Spicy sausage
-Tomatoes
-Mayonnaise
-and; fried onions

It's clearly the breakfast/lunch/dinner that 1) wins Superbowls and 2) killed Elvis. I would clearly suggest it.

An added bonus about the Football Hall of Fame (I forgot to mention it two paragraphs ago and I'm making it up now): I was able to take my picture with the heads of both Terry Bradshaw and O.J. Simpson.

An unnecessary negative about it: no CFL. Give us a break, (without the Allen family) you wouldn't Marcus's bust, you wouldn't have Warren Moon's bust, and you wouldn't have that Doug Flutie clip that ESPN and That Damn Sports Show love to play 5,000 times/year.

Pittsburgh however, was surprisingly beautiful... it's got more bridge than Vancouver, more yellow than the mustard that founded it's football stadium, and more meat than a Pamela Anderson camcorder (sorry, Mom, I had to).

The Pirates won 3-1 over the Milwaukee Brewers, who only a couple days ago gave me a good show in Wisconsin.

However, for all my sarcastic, wise-a** tones (I know, I can't believe I blocked that out), I genuinely suggest Pittsburgh. It's charm will charm you, it's views across the river at it's night lights will wow you, and it's food will keep you full until you hit Philadelphia (which is where I am now).

Not to mention it's home to two current championship-winning teams, and one of them is the greatest football franchise of all-time.

Just go to the Hall of Fame, they'll tell you that.

UP NEXT: Philadelphia and the cheese steak



No comments:

Post a Comment